While each template is unique, each requires information from the website to be inserted into it. The section where the template needs data needs inserted is in orange and contains several parameters for different pieces of data.
It is recommended to provide as complete a template as possible however the data can be divided into required and optional fields.
- c2: Advertising Consent passed as either 1 or 0 for Has / Has not given consent, respectively. A null value can be passed if the user has not set the consent (for instance, if they have not interacted with the cookie banner when they log in).
- em or ha: User email (unencrypted) or hashed user email, respectively (please click here for hashing instructions). It is necessary to provide either email or hashed email, but it is not required to send both.
Required for the transaction template:
- transaction_id: The same transaction ID passed to Google Analytics
Required for email change template:
- previous_em or previous_ha: The previous email or hashed email of the user (either can be sent only as only one is required)
- gaUserId: The same user ID passed to Google Analytics
- ph: The phone number of the user. If passed, this must include the country code of the user. (For example, a UK number must start with 44)
- ph_ha1 and ph_ha2: SHA256 hash of the phone number (please review the hashing guide for the correct formatting that can be provided instead of the raw phone number.